3.9K views

Checksmart is the most unprofessional company I have ever come into contact with!Their employees are rude and believe that screaming and hanging up the phone in the middle of a conversation is customer service.

I will never go to checksmart and strongly suggest no one else does either.

My experience was with Dan Perry who works for corporate Checksmart. I don't know anyone who works in a corporate enviroment to acts so childish. I have no idea how Dan Perry got this job because he does not deserve it.

At first I felt bad for him because his job has made him so bitter. After being hung up on the second time I realized that he was probably the short/fat kid in high school who still hasn't got over it yet. Dan, I hope years of treating people the way you were treated when you were younger makes you feel better about your shortcomings.

Maybe one day you will grow up!

Had an Experience with Checksmart?

Comments

#1195313

I also had an experience with this Dan Perry. I was trying to get informed and all he cared about was collecting and wouldn't listen. Very rude and I'm not the one who stiffed them it was someone else.

Sacramento, California, United States #783609

My identity was stolen, i got a letter from lawyers trying to sue me for the amount that i owe.I went to a branch to clear it up, since they take pictures of the customers, i was able to explain that it wasn't me who cashed checks there, and it was cleared up.

I was told to call corporate office and got hung up on.I think it was Dan Perry.

Checksmart took over $700 out of my acct without my permission!They were only supposed to take $254.

When I called and faxed my information to get my refund I had the displeasure of speaking to Chad in the refunds department who is the rudest person I've EVER come into contact with in my life.I will NEVER deal with this so called company again.

Funny people complain, yet you enter the business because YOU need assistance :)

#581986

Here's the ownership and corporate information:

James Frauenberg II, President

His son is also an executive

Diamond Energy is also a partner

It is a privitely held company

Address: 7001 Post Road, Suite 200, Dublin OH 43016

Phone: 614-798-5900

Fax: 614-798-5921

I sugeest anyone that has had or does have an issue with Checksmart flood their mail box, phone line and fax line with their complaint over and over again completely locking up their systems.

I doubt James Frauenberg II cares if his employees are rude. I'm sure he's well aware of it and in fact greatly supports it. This kind of behavior is trained from the top down.

File compliants with your state's Attorney General offices, the Better Business Burea, and any other agency you can think of to get this kind of business put out of business legally in your state and across the country.

If you happen to live near Dublin go in to the office in person with a video camera and record your complaints and conversation with them----or call them from your cell phone and let them know you are taping the conversation and then send the recording to the Attorney General, the BBB, and even credit reporting agencies as evidence.

Unfortunately it's not against the law to be rude but it is against the law to not communicate with you (i.e. hang up on you) if you are trying to work with them in a professional manner and they do nothing...

I went there to cash a check because my bank was closed, and the check that was wrote to me bounced, so they called me threatening to take me to jail, and their calling the police...OMgoodness Next time I will wait until my bank opens..

Yeah they are very rude. I got to deal with Tom and he's quite an hole.

*** all you loan shark ***

Went in to get out a check, AFTER they cashed it they told me there was a $55 Debt on my account from 2004...I told them I already paid this debt, as I had went through them before..

She said it takes the money off of there automatically and pays it THEN HOW IN THE *** COULD IT STILL BE THERE, IF I CASH MY CHECKS REGULARLY(SINCE 2009 WTF) They are extremely *** retarded. Do NOT ever use them.

To this *** day, the debt is still on there...Some kind of *** scam for there regular customers.

No longer.

indyPatron

had the pleasure of dealing with Dan Perry today!He is the rudest person on the planet!

I own a business and sometimes bring checks and money orders to Checksmart to cash on Sundays or after work hours...which is convienient. I received a call fron the store that one of the checks I brought in was returned. They gave me the name and copy of this check and gave me time to contct that person. I contacted her and she said her check did in fact clear.

Soooooo I go back to the store with my clients bank statement and copy of the cleared check! The store called the corporate office and again they say her check was rerurned and even faxed over another copy of the check. Still annoyed I went to my client's bank to get some kind of manager to straighten this out. Finally...4 days later they tell me it was the other check that I brought in that was returned!

The people in the store were very polite and were only doing what the corporate office told them to do. The store apologized for their corporate office mistake and gave me until Friday to contact the correct person that wrote the check. Today after finally getting the right check that didn't clear I get a call from Dan Perry demanding I pay now or have a $100 check "slapped" on my credit report! I tried to explain ro him the situation and he got even more upset saying I was refusing to pay!

I clearly was not...just simply not going to pay for a check that did actually clear! He yelled over and...

I called back a third time to speak to his supervisor and while talking with this lady he jumps on the phone AGAIN and starts yelling and hangs up the phone! I have never in my life dealt with a rude and childish customer service rep like Dan Perry.

He really needs to evalute his career choice and take a few training classes.He should be fired before someone actually takes him serious.